Friday, June 14, 2013

Crowstoes Taygete

Taygete is a purple-pink-gold duochrome. I swatched it on its own, and over black. Alone, Taygete needed four coats for opacity.



It's a cool-toned purple, as you can see, which leads me to my next point: I'm not crazy about this one.


I tried capturing the color shift, with little success:



It is there, I promise :| There is a definite pink shift, and at the edges it turns gold-ish. And here it is over black. Again, the shimmer is dense despite the lack of opacity, so I only needed one coat over black, which was nice.



I will say that it is a nice enough purple shimmer...not exciting, but ok.



Also, I was surprised to find that the duochrome is harder to coax out over black. Usually, it's the opposite.




Overall, I have to admit, I'm pretty meh about this one, but if you like purples, this would be great for you.

As for similar polishes, I'm going back to Indigo Bananas. Wednesday and Eris in particular, but the differences are the same as they were before- one has larger flecks of shimmer, and the other one has holographic glitter. I think they're also a bit warmer, in general.

Have you tried Taygete? How did you feel about it?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great weekend!