Monday, June 10, 2013

Crowstoes Electra

DISCLOSURE: Electra was sent for my honest review by Crowstoes.

Electra is the third of my favorites! It's a blue-purple duochrome, and very turquoise-leaning compared to Alcyone, which I'll show you on Wednesday. I have to apologize for these photos. My camera has a hard time with purples, so as you can imagine, photographing Electra was challenging at best.


I layered Electra over American Apparel Passport Blue. I was impressed by the density of the shimmer in this polish. While Orion needed 3 coats over black, Electra was solid in 1 coat layered over Passport Blue. Also, I had no trouble with the formula.


Ok, now here's my problem. There is a definite purple shift, and damn if I didn't try to capture it! But this is the best I could manage.


It's much stronger than this, I promise :|


Freaking purple, man.

Just a note, I did test Electra alone on a nail, but quickly discovered that it's rather sheer, so I didn't bother doing a full swatch.

I think Digital Nails Convergent and Indigo Bananas Maui are sort of similar, but they are much more teal/turquoise-leaning, and apparently have a scattered holo effect. Actually, I think they are more similar to each other than they are to Electra.

DISCLOSURE: Electra was sent for my honest review by Crowstoes.

Crowstoes are sold at Llarowe and Shoppe Eclecticco, and Aussie customers can buy them at Femme Fatale Cosmetics. I believe they are also sold on Overall Beauty, but interestingly enough, when I tried to access the page to link in this post, my antivirus marked it as unsafe.

Have you tried Electra? Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!