Friday, June 28, 2013

Crowstoes A Christmas Crow

Aww, Crowstoes month is coming to an end. I hope you've enjoyed the month-long onslaught! I've saved my favorite for last. Crowstoes A Christmas Crow, like Maxxed Out, is part of the CROWSmas collection from this past holiday season.

DISCLOSURE: A Christmas Crow was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

A Christmas Crow is a smoky dark brown, almost black jelly packed with color-shifting red-gold shimmer and glitter. Here it is at four coats alone:


It's still a bit sheer, but passable in this state, I think. Also, the formula was great! I told you previously that I had to add quite a bit of thinner to get my other glittery Crows the way I liked them, but this needed no thinner. Excellent.


I just love the shimmer! But here's the real stunner: A Christmas Crow over black.


Hold me. It's AWESOME. Oh, and sorry about the random change in nail length! I received the package with polishes to review just before getting my cast off, and I was so excited about this one I wore it over black as soon as I got home from the doctor's office!


I used 2 coats of A Christmas Crow over 2 coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black. The black base made the shimmer stand out, and it is just fantastic.

A word of caution to those with sensitive noses- use this in a well-ventilated area! A Christmas Crow had an unusual, strong smell, and while it didn't bother me, I wanted to point it out just in case it made a difference for one of you. I can't remember where, but I recall reading about another polish of a similar color with a similar unusual, strong smell, which leads me to wonder if it has something to do with the colorants.

DISCLOSURE: A Christmas Crow was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

Have you tried A Christmas Crow? Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great weekend!