Friday, June 21, 2013

Crowstoes Bunny Slope

Happy Friday! Today I have the first of four Crowstoes glitters for you. Bunny Slope is one of Crowstoes' first colors, and is a unique blend of matte white glitter and a few other glitters I can't quite put my finger on.

DISCLOSURE: Bunny Slope was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

There are glints of iridescence here and there, which is really cool! I swatched Bunny Slope alone and over OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, and I have to say, I really would not recommend the first way, LOL.


This is four coats alone. It sort of looks like I used loose glitter, which is a cool effect, but I have pretty much zero experience with this kind of formula, so application was tricky. The formula was very thick, but I've read that Crowstoes uses uncut suspension base, so after testing it one nail I went ahead and thinned it to my liking.


You can see a bit of the iridescent glitter, but unfortunately you can also see I had a hard time getting an even surface, even with thinning and a coat of Gelous. Luckily, the solution is really simple and I wish I had just started with this in the first place! I used 1-2 coats over 3 coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.


I didn't get full coverage with this round of swatching, but looking at this combination in person, the white from the OPI does a nice job of filling in the gaps, and the result is a super cool, twinkling white.


There are also a few holographic bits in there! You can see a bit of it in the bottle, but unfortunately my camera, once again, had trouble picking it up. This will hopefully be the last time I have to tell you that, LOL. I feel bad that I have to keep saying "IT'S TOTALLY THERE TRUST ME" but yeah, bear with me D: In my attempts to capture some of these Crows properly, my dad let me use is fancy Nikon camera, which is a D3000 or something? I don't remember the exact model number but is it fancy. Anyway, I had even more trouble with that one.

I can't think of anything similar to Bunny Slope, so if it's something that catches your eye I would definitely recommend it, but don't expect this to apply like a Milani One Coat Glitter! Keep thinner on hand and be patient. That last part, I am not so good at, but I think this is worth the trouble.

DISCLOSURE: Bunny Slope was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

Have you tried Bunny Slope? Thoughts? Do you have any tips for application?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great weekend!