Monday, June 24, 2013

Crowstoes Absolum- Your Potions Master

Crowstoes Absolum- Your Potions Master is another one of the first colors released.

DISCLOSURE: Absolum was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

It's a complex layering glitter with glints of blue, orange, and green. Predictably enough, I layered it over two blues, but damn if it doesn't look super cool! I only wish I had remembered to use a matte top coat. So first up, here it is over New York Summer Hot Sky Blue.


Like Bunny Slope, Absolum has a thiiiiick formula, but I thinned it to my liking, wiped off the brush really well before applying, and application was much easier.


Interestingly enough, there is some bar glitter in here, long black pieces, but I don't have a super strong aversion to them like I usually do. Still not crazy about the bars, but bar glitter is almost always a dealbreaker for me. Which brings me to my next base color, American Apparel Passport Blue!


I think this is my favorite base for Absolum. Not only do the brighter glitters pop, the black bar glitter disappears! I don't hate it in this application, but I'm certainly not fussed about it's disappearance, heh.


Okay, I know I've been talking about similar polishes for the Pleiades, but I tried going into Etsy to look at comparable glitters, and my head just about exploded. Plus, glitter formulas vary so widely from brand to brand and even within brands, and indie glitters even more so. My point being, I'd feel sort of weird bringing up other indie glitters when I'm completely unfamiliar with the brands, so I'm going to forego this particular part of my typical blog post for Absolum and the remaining two glitters.

DISCLOSURE: Absolum was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

Have you tried Absolum? Are you as nutty about bar glitter as I am?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!