Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crowstoes Alcyone

DISCLOSURE: Alcyone was sent for my honest review by Crowstoes.

Alcyone, like Electra, is a blue-purple duochrome. I'll have a comparison post for you after I've posted the individual Pleiades. Alcyone is also really dense, and I was pleased to find that I only needed one coat over Zoya Pinta. I really like this combination, despite my waning interest in purple.


I had no issues with the formula.


I took a couple of shots trying to capture the duochrome, with mild to moderate success. Again, the shift is a lot stronger in person!




.........Well......I tried :| I hope you can sort of get a sense of what's going on with this polish, because it is complex and super cool!

So, as far as alternatives go, the closest I found were Digital Nails Shadow and Hermes. Shadow has larger particles of shimmer, and Hermes has holographic glitter. I was also thinking that Orly Lunar Eclipse might be close, but it really isn't. Lunar Eclipse has a bright cobalt base and the duochrome is nowhere near as noticeable.

DISCLOSURE: Alcyone was sent for my honest review by Crowstoes.

Have you tried Alcyone? Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!