Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crowstoes Maxxed Out

Crowstoes Maxxed Out is from the CROWSmas collection, which as you might have guessed, was her first Christmas collection!

DISCLOSURE: Maxxed Out was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

Maxxed out is a super flashy mix of gold and silver glitter, with lots of holographic sparkle. I really love this. It's tied with A Christmas Crow for my favorite Crow! You'll see A Christmas Crow on Friday. I layered Maxxed Out over Essie Brooch the Subject. 1 coat over 3 coats of Brooch the Subject.



I treated Maxxed Out the same way I did Absolum- by thinning the bejeezus out of it and wiping off the brush before beginning my application. Aside from the slight traffic jam of gold glitter on my ring fingernail, application wasn't bad at all.


I'm really liking the look of metallic glitter over a nude. And I actually remembered to try it matte! Check it out. I used Essie Matte About You.


How awesome is that?


Maxxed Out looks awesome matte. And I have another combo to show you. Remember waaaay back in January when I posted my favorite bases for layering? Yeah, I'm bringing Dorien Grey back.


After the first go with Maxxed Out, I was able to spread out the glitter better, and application was great.


I like this combination, but the glitter is sort of hard to capture while the mani is glossy, soooo I decided to add Essie Matte About You again.


Dat glitter.


I think this is my favorite way to wear it. Interestingly enough, yes, there is bar glitter in here, and while I'm still not enamored with it, it didn't affect my love for this super flashy glitter!

DISCLOSURE: Maxxed Out was sent to me by Crowstoes for my honest review.

Have you tried Maxxed Out? I'd also like to try this over some different base colors, and I'm curious as to what you'd recommend!

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!