Friday, July 13, 2012

Orly Lunar Eclipse

Orly Lunar Eclipse was released with the Cosmic FX collection from Fall 2010. It's a blue foil-y glass fleck in a blue jelly base, with a purple shift. That purple shift had me ready to hulk smash everything! I could not capture it for the life of me. But it's there, I promise, haha. It's not like those polishes that look duochrome-y in the bottle and then completely fall flat on the nail! This is 2 coats, with top coat.


It's so vivid! I love it. This was one of my favorites when it came out, and I wore it a TON that winter, but for the last year-ish I haven't reached for it much. I don't know why, because every time I use it for a mani or pedi I remember how awesome it is. I especially love it in the shade.


I think Lunar Eclipse has a dupe in Sally Hansen HD Laser, but Laser is very sheer. Orly Stone Cold is similar, but doesn't have the purple shift, and the shimmer is also different- those are more like small blue flakes of shimmer. Sparitual and Orly are made by the same company, so Lunar Eclipse is also sold in Sparitual form as the color Meditate on This. I don't think the Cosmic FX colors are easy to come by in person anymore (unless your local Ulta has a bunch of leftover stock), but the Sparitual version is available at Sephora, and is the same price as Cosmic FX and Mineral FX polish.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and HAPPY FRIDAY!