Tuesday, July 17, 2012

OPI DS Mystery

OPI DS Mystery was released along with OPI DS Glow in Fall 2009. I know Mystery was a huge disappointment for a lot of people, because the OPI Designer Series had previously put out such awesome holos, but I really like it. Yes, it's pretty much black, but it's not just black. It has flecks of gold and copper-ish shimmer that are not at all obscured by the base! Mystery seems to have been REALLY unpopular though, because I found it on clearance for $3 at some Trade Secrets-type store. OPI DS polishes usually sell for $12.50, lol! This is 2 coats, plus top coat.


The first coat shows that Mystery actually has a purple base, but by the time it gets opaque, it's pretty much black anyway.I guess if you're not a dark polish lover, I understand the hate for it, but I personally feel most comfortable in dark polish of some sort, so naturally, I am a fan. I tried taking a shot in indirect light to show the shimmer a little better:


.......Yeahhh, I don't think that worked too well, but whatever. It's great. The formula was great too. And I had no issues with the Pro-Wide! I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of that thing. Aww yeah.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!