Sunday, July 1, 2012

Nicole by OPI Back to Reality...TV

Man, I didn't plan on buying any of the Kardashian colors (and I refuse to indulge their ridiculous need to replace all c's with k's), but it happened. I actually wanted Sinful Colors Zeus, from the Castaway collection they put out this Spring, but I never found it. Bummer, because Sinful Colors is 1) awesome, 2) cheap, and 3) not Kardashian. There were some pretty cool colors in it aside from Zeus too, like Olympia and Athens, but like I said, it never turned up at any of the drugstores I checked. Boo. So I wound up with this instead. It's...kind of a disappointment, honestly.


First of all, that bottle. It is so awkward to hold. Who designed these things?? Horrendous. This polish did come with the Pro-Wide brush, but I didn't find it to be a problem at all, surprisingly enough. I really like the color, and application was good. Aaaaand that's about where the good stuff ends.




One of my biggest gripes with this polish is the shimmer. It's really only visible in direct light. I have Pure Ice Busted, and I could add that in for more shimmer, but that brings me to my next gripe: it is so. freaking. SHEER. This is four coats. FOUR. For a fairly basic lavender shimmer. And if I were to add Busted for more shimmer, the base color would become even more sheer. All the reviews of Zeus that I read stated that it was opaque in 2 coats. Zeus is 1/4 the price, and twice as opaque. Not cool.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the color, but frankly, for $8, I expected better. I won't be buying any more Nicole by OPI polish, unless they put out something really special.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!