Thursday, July 19, 2012

OPI Smitten With Mittens

OPI Smitten With Mittens was released as part of the Holiday Wishes collection in 2009. It consists of big gold glass-flecks/foil-y flecks in a red jelly base. As a result, it usually looks like a red glass-fleck or glitter, but sometimes when the light hits it right, you can see bits of gold. It's lovely, and opaque in 2 coats despite the jelly base. I think the opacity of the base is the reason that the gold isn't too visible. 2 coats plus top coat.


It's definitely on the cool side of red, but close enough to neutral that I think warmer skintones like mine can pull it off. It's a bit bold for me, but I love it. The formula is great, and I have no complaints about the drying time.


I think Zoya might have a few reds sort of like this. Jade or Delilah, maybe? I think those are actual glitters, and red ones at that, so the finishes are definitely not the same. It also reminds me of OPI Ali's Big Break from the Burlesque collection, but I think that one has a brighter red base, and red/pink flecks rather than gold.

They might be worth looking into though, since Smitten With Mittens has been discontinued, and seems to go for around $20 on Ebay. That said, it's not all that hard to find. I've seen several bottles at several different CVS stores in my area.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and enjoy the rest of your week!