Saturday, October 29, 2011

Revlon Devil's Candy + Lynnderella Connect the Dots

Happy Saturday! Today is a hair dyeing day, so I'm sitting here typing this with a plastic bag on my head. Cute, right? It's ok though, because I have red nail polish to go with my red hair dye.

Revlon Devil's Candy is a bright red jelly from the limited edition Masquerade Collection, which is for Halloween, if I recall correctly. It's the exact color of the candy coating on candy apples, but I've had such erratic lighting all day that I couldn't get a decent picture to show you today. I'll post that one separately later on. It's really great though; if you like red jellies you need this one! Very smooth formula, 2 coats for opacity, and insanely glossy, even for a jelly. Until I tried this, my favorite red jelly was Essie Jelly Apple. Not anymore!

I layered this with 2 coats of Lynnderella Connect the Dots. Like pretty much all of Lynnderella's creations, Connect the Dots is very special. It's packed with different types of white and black glitter, from bars to squares to small hexes to giant hexes, tied together with subtle white, speckled shimmer. Now, I usually loathe bar glitter, because it reminds me of bacillus bacteria. Not cute. Connect the Dots, on the other hand, reminds me of Jackson Pollock's paintings! I don't really like his work, but on the nail, it's a really cool effect. Check it out!


At an angle:


And here's a macro of my thumb!


Of course, since it's a glitter, I had to see how it looked matte. I absolutely love the result! I think I prefer it matte.


The speckled shimmer looks kind of like dust in that picture, but don't worry, in person it doesn't and you can tell that it's shimmer. And because I love giant macro shots of my awkwardly-shaped thumbnail, here's another one:


Time to go wash the dye out of my hair. Have a great weekend!