Friday, October 7, 2011

Franken Friday!

Finally, it's Friday! Unfortunately, that means I only have 3 or 4 days until my remaining exams, but it's okay because I have more glittery things to show you! 

This is a very simple one that I mixed up after swatching NARS Galion at a Sephora. I always figured grey wasn't my thing, but Galion is such a pretty, inky dark grey that I knew I needed it....but then I remembered that it's a NARS polish, and therefore costs $17. Yikes. That is definitely NOT in my college-kid budget, so I mixed up about half a bottle of Wet n Wild Black Creme, 1/3 of a bottle of Wet n Wild French White Creme, and a light blue creme that I had frankened a few months ago. It's not exact, but it's pretty much what I wanted, so no big deal. The best part? Because so much of the franken is comprised of Wet n Wild's Black Creme, this grey is a smooth one-coater. Look!


It's really shiny too. However, I am easily distracted and have a hard time leaving cremes alone, as much as I love them, so I've tried a couple of different layering combinations for this one. Here it is with 1 coat of Love&Beauty Teal:


Love&Beauty nail polish is repackaged L.A. Girl polish, so this teal is the same as L.A. Girl Glitter Addict Nostalgia. I also have Euphoria and Purge, but Euphoria didn't look so good over this one. It was such a weird combination that I didn't even bother photographing it. Here it is with 1 coat of Purge, AKA Love&Beauty Green:


I actually really liked this combination, even if it makes my hands photograph a little red. The L.A. Girl Glitter Addicts have a really nice formula. The glitter is easy to place, and it's dense enough that one coat is perfect for layering, but they also work really well for glitter gradients!