Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Milani Silver Dazzle

Good morning! It's midterm season...boo. 2 down, 2 to go...le sigh. I have been on a huge glitter kick lately, which is funny because when I started wearing nail polish (about a year ago), I absolutely hated glitter. Hated it. I thought it was ridiculous and tacky, ESPECIALLY full-coverage glitters, but here I am, wearing a full-coverage glitter. I love it! I still hate glitters like OPI Mad as a Hatter and Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, but I am really enjoying these Milani One-Coat Glitters.

They do require 2 coats, not one, but the formula is really easy to apply. It's not at all thick or gloopy like many glitters can be. Silver Dazzle is a bit of a misnomer; the glitter is definitely grey or gunmetal-colored. Regardless, it is so awesome! I layered it over a grey creme franken that I'll be showing you later this week, but that turned out to be superfluous, because Silver Dazzle is so dense. This is 2 coats of Silver Dazzle over 1 coat of my franken:


It's sparkly enough on its own, but top coat makes it super glossy and even more sparkly! Here's a blurred picture so you can get some idea of how awesome this is:


So shiny! So amazing. Glitter is such a pain to clean up, but that goes for all glitters, not just this one. Of course, before I took this off, I had to try wearing it matte, and I absolutely love the result:


As you can see, I used Essie Matte About You, and the result looks almost like granite! It's got a really interesting texture, and it's completely smooth, but still sparkly, and has loads of depth. I'm the type to repaint my nails after only a day or two, and I wore this matte mani for 3 days. I had this nail polish on for a total of 6 days, and I got absolutely no chips, and a hardly-noticeable amount of tipwear.