Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Illamasqua Rampage + Lynnderella All Hallow's Eve

Good morning! Today's post is a little bit out of order, considering I haven't even shown you Illamasqua Rampage (which is so amazing it deserves its own post) on its own yet, but it's worth it! I am so ridiculously excited about this one. It's a Lynnderella. If you haven't heard of her, where have you been? Google her, NOW. At any rate, All Hallow's Eve is a truly spectacular green glitter. It's my first green glitter, and honestly? I think it will be my last. I am a green lover, but I don't think that there are any other green glitters that will pique my interest quite like this one.

I love the look of glitters suspended in jelly bases (eg. Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers and Revlon Facets of Fuchsia), but rather than tamper with All Hallow's Eve, I elected to layer it with Rampage, a deep green jelly. It's an open-faced jelly sandwich of sorts. I layered in this order: 1 coat of Rampage, 1 coat of All Hallow's Eve, 1 coat of Rampage, 2 coats of All Hallow's Eve (though I really could have just gone with one). This way, I still get the look of glitter embedded in jelly, and it's still super sparkly. Now, enough with the talking. I have photos to show you!

A picture in my usual style:


In indirect light. This one's a bit blurry (sorry about that), but it gives you a pretty good idea of how this mani looks indoors:


At an angle:


At another angle:


And here is a macro shot of my thumbnail. This one is not color-accurate, but the colors are edited such that it is easier to see the different types of glitter in this amazing polish!


And now, I'm off to do Chemistry work...have a great week!