Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Zoya Neeka

Whoops, has it really been a week since I last posted (or even checked Blogger)? I could've sworn it was two days ago.......

Anyway, Zoya Neeka is from the Mirrors half of Zoya's Smoke & Mirrors collection from last fall. Given the Zoya Smoke collection and some of their offerings for this fall, I feel like those murky cremes, while gorgeous, have been done to death. Not the case with this type of finish!! Neeka is just awesome, and unlike a lot of the polishes I've posted lately, IT'S ACTUALLY OPAQUE AND EVEN IN TWO COATS. CAPS LOCK IS TOTALLY NECESSARY FOR THIS. 2 coats, with top coat, in the shade:


It photographs a little cooler than it is, but don't let the bottle fool you. Neeka does dry fairly dark. In the sun:


I love the mix of ultra-fine purple shimmer and the flecks of gold. So. Freaking. Cool.


I believe Zoya Yara has a similar finish, but I'm a little hesitant to try olive greens. There are definitely no dupes or near-dupes to Neeka, at least not that I can think of. Zoya really needs to put out more colors with this finish, because it is probably my all-time favorite finish. It's not often that I buy & wear a color, pull it out a year later, and love it just as much as I did then.