Sunday, August 5, 2012

Revlon Chic + Lynnderella Connect the Dots

So, I've probably told you many many times of my love for Chic and Connect the Dots, but for some reason it didn't occur to me to wear them together until now. WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG? I'VE HAD BOTH THESE COLORS FOR MONTHS.

This is two coats of Chic. I used one sort-of coat of Connect the Dots over top of it, but I kinda dabbed it on rather than applying a "proper" coat.


It might be because I haven't pulled out Connect the Dots in a while, but I did have a bit of trouble placing the glitter, and I had to fish for the big square pieces. I was able to get one of those giant hexes though, so I am pleased with that! They usually don't lay flat, but if you give it 3 or 4 minutes to set, and then gently press it down with a fingertip or something, it stays, and doesn't snag on everything.

Of course, I had to try wearing this matte. Under artificial light:



So cool. And almost entirely smooth! No Gelous required.

As I've mentioned before, Chic is part of Revlon's core lineup, so that shouldn't be hard to find at all. Connect the Dots (and all other Lynns, for that matter) is another story. I believe they're currently being sold on Ebay for $20 each.

There are a TON of indie alternatives to Connect the Dots if you'd rather not buy the Lynnderella (or if you'd just rather not pay $20 for a polish that was once sold for $12)......... Chalkboard Nails put together a fantastic comparison.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!