Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia was released as part of the Expressionists Collection in Fall 2011. The collection also consisted of a blue glitter (Blue Mosaic), a greige creme (Smoky Canvas), and a silver glitter in a pink base (Starry Pink). I believe most of these colors have been revamped (read: renamed) for Revlon's new line, but they should still be available. Facets of Fuchsia now goes by the name Scandalous. Here, I've layered 2 coats over 1 coat of Wet n Wild Black Creme.


As you can see, Facets of Fuchsia consists of tiny purple hex glitter and larger purple hex glitter in a sheer black base. I think it could reach opacity on its own in 3 or 4 coats, but the end result would also be quite lumpy that way, so I chose to layer it. This way, I only need one coat of my regular top coat (Revlon's Quick Dry), and it's almost completely smooth. There is a little bit of texture, but it doesn't bug me, so I left it that way. I did have to place the glitter a bit, but nothing to complain about. In direct sun:


I've told you before of my love for black, so it shouldn't be surprising that I like this as much as I do. Bonus: it's a sort of-dupe for Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance! I think the glitter in Facets of Fuchsia is more dense, and Bad Romance has a more opaque black base with more purple glitter (as opposed to the fuchsia leanings of the Revlon), so I do prefer this one. Plus...$4 versus $18.....gotta love cheaper approximations! Revlon seems to be pretty good at that. 

Did you pick up any of the Revlon Expressionist colors? Thoughts? Feelings?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and enjoy the rest of your week!