Friday, August 24, 2012

Reswatch: Milani Dot Com

About a year and a half ago, Milani Dot Com was one of my all-time favorite colors. I'd still consider it part of my Top 20, but I haven't reached for it in a looooong time, so I figured I'd pull it out again. Dot Com was released in Spring 2010 with the Liquid Metal Collection, which was comprised of shimmers & foils with Internet-themed names. Aside from Dot Com, the collection consisted of a pearly white metallic, a light gold foil (along the lines of Orly Luxe, but lighter and cooler-toned), and a rose gold foil, but I don't really think that those colors are particularly interesting. Dot Com, however, is another story. 3 coats, with top coat.


It consists of superfine warm purple shimmer and larger copper flecks of shimmer in a dusty, cool-toned purple base. SO COOL. I'm not sure why a few of my nails look a bit bumpy, but rest assured the surface is completely smooth. No bubbles or clumps or anything.


I love how prominent the shimmer is! Ok, now that I'm done gushing about the color, let's talk formula, because this is.......not good. Dot Com takes 3 coats for opacity, which isn't bad, but it also takes a very long time to dry. In order to avoid bubbles, I decided to let each coat dry completely before adding the next. As you can imagine, that took quite a while. Oh, and guess what! It chipped five hours later, before it even finished drying! NOT HAPPY. I don't remember having this issue last time I wore it, so it might be because of the base and top coats that I used, which were Essie Fill the Gap & Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. It's so unique though....and like I already said, it's so pretty :( I mean, look at this!


If it wasn't such an awesome color, I'd be a lot more irritated, but I do have a weakness for a nice purple shimmer. .

Have you ever experienced such a troublesome formula? How did you deal with it?

Oh, and HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm moving back into my dorm tomorrow, so I'll probably be AWOL for a few days while I get settled in. Thanks for looking & commenting, and have a great weekend!!