Wednesday, July 3, 2013

HARE Cast in Bronze

HARE Cast in Bronze is from the Fall 2012 Finders Keepers collection. It's a unique combination of copper glitters in a warm, dusty lilac base. Unexpected, but so pretty!


Unfortunately, I don't have any base colors that would go with this. And if you are like me, ie. thoroughly unfamiliar with the indie glitter formula, you will have a hard time with application. This is my second attempt with Cast in Bronze, and it is MUCH better than the first one, let me tell you. Let each coat dry completely, and there might be a few times when you have to scrape the glitter off the brush and just use the base to fill in some patchy areas. This might also be because of the fact that I apply thin coats, though. And I should be clear, I think this color is entirely worth the effort!


This picture, taken in direct sunlight, is a more accurate representation of the base color. I know I said I've cooled off purples, but turns out I still like the cool, unique ones. I just find the majority of purples boring, I guess. I really dig HARE's unexpected color combinations. They seem so odd when you think about it, but work so nicely on the nail!

Have you tried Cast in Bronze? Thoughts? Application tips, perhaps?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week! To my fellow Americans, have a great 4th of July weekend! I am SO looking forward to this four-day weekend.