Wednesday, July 31, 2013

China Glaze When Stars Collide

China Glaze When Stars Collide is from the widely anticipated Hologlam collection which was released this past spring. Unfortunately, they're not as great as most of us had hoped, but they did manage to put out some pretty unique colors! I originally wanted Galactic Grey, Strap On Your Moonboots, and When Stars Collide, but when I realized my beloved nail supply wasn't going to be getting them in (and therefore I'd have to pay full price), I decided I'd only get this one.


Like most linear holos, it is pretty boring in the shade, and looks like your standard plum metallic. In the sun though, it's quite pretty!


It's certainly not as rainbow as the Color Clubs, for example, but the rainbow is smooth and the color is unique.


I can't say I'm too pleased with the formula though. I used 3 coats, and it had a tendency to get lumpy if you go over the same spot more than once. You can see the results of this on my ring fingernail...but this is easier to work with than the OMGs, for sure.

When Stars Collide looks pretty similar to Dance Legend Optical Illusion and Layla Misty Blush, but When Stars Collide is definitely the weakest of the three. Optical Illusion looks a bit warmer, and Misty Blush looks a bit cooler, but all three look quite nice.

Have you tried When Stars Collide, or any of the other Hologlams? What did you think?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!