Monday, July 8, 2013

Color Club Beyond

Color Club Beyond is from the 2013 Halo Hues collection. It is an AWESOME black linear holo. Ever since I saw pictures of the holo My Private Jet, waaaaaay back when, I've been lusting after a black holo, but didn't want to pay those kinds of prices, and skipped out on other black holos for various reasons. I am once again pleased to say that Beyond is exactly what I wanted! It's amazing. Here's a picture in the shade, so you can see the base color:


And here it is in the sun:


Yaaaaay rainbows. It's actually more holographic than that- my camera has a hard time picking up the rainbows, so if you look at the bottle, that's closer to what it's like. I tried snapping a super awkward photo to get the rainbow to show up better:


This is much closer to how it actually looks- especially at the blurry nails. I think the rainbow sort of disappears when my camera focuses on it :| Here's another photo, because...why not.


Yeah, it chips quickly, but it's a holo so no surprise there. It's solid in 2 coats, and I had no trouble with application.

Luckily, there are lots of options for us black holo lovers now. HITS Zeus looks pretty close, but slightly less holo, Ozotic Pro 526 looks blacker but less holo, and Layla Flash Black is a lot more holo but more of a dark grey, but these are all pretty cool.

Have you tried Beyond, or any other black holos? What do you think?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!