Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sinful Colors Slate

Sinful Colors Slate was released with the Destination America collection in Fall 2011. It is an interesting gray shimmer that is almost opaque in 2 coats, but does need a third. No complaints about formula. Once again, there was no sunlight when I took these photos, so you get artificial light photos today.


As you can see, the base is a medium grey, with slight blue undertones, and the shimmer is silvery. Unfortunately, the shimmer does border on frosty, as you can see when the light is diffused.


Yeah....not so good....it doesn't usually look this frosty, but since it does sometimes I figured I'd show you anyway. One interesting I noticed was that in addition to the silver shimmer, there are dark grey specks.


They're not obvious or visible when you're just looking at your hand, rather than through a camera lens, but the dark flecks do add a bit of interest and depth to an otherwise boring polish. 

I don't think there are any dupes of this polish, at least, not any that I am familiar with, but all the same, I am not too thrilled about Slate. It's not bad, but it's not that interesting to me. Plus, I don't think medium greys are very flattering on me. I love light greys like Dorien Grey, and super dark greys, but the medium ones are kind of blah. Oh well, they can't all be winners, right?

Have you tried Slate? How do you feel about these types of greys?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!