Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Revlon Guest List

Revlon Guest List is one of the LE Top Speeds from this fall, so it should still be available. The collection seemed to be party-themed, or something. Guest List is a murky olive green creme, and the first color of this sort that I've ever tried. I worried about my hands looking dirty or turning into lobster claws with olives, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this one! In the shade:


In warmer lighting (since the sun was nowhere to be found). This is a more accurate depiction of how it looks most of the time.


So, let's talk formula. I don't think Top Speeds and I get along very well. Apparently I can never seem to wait long enough between coats to prevent bald spots, which is weird because I wait several minutes, and that works just fine for non-quick dry polishes....So, because of the streaking, Guest List is a definite 3-coater. It could be solid in 2 if you can prevent the streaking.

As for dupes...I'm really not familiar with olive greens, as I had always ignored them because I figured they would look horrible. However, I could never really shake the Chanel Khaki Vert lemming until now. I think this is like a more flattering version of Khaki Vert (which is grayer, and a bit browner). For reference, check out theasiangirl's swatch on Tumblr. She and I have very similar skintones, so I know I can rely on her swatches.

Have you ever tried an olive green polish? Did you wind up liking it, or hating it?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week! And for my American readers, have a great Thanksgiving!