Monday, November 12, 2012

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet is your standard red glitter in a red jelly base. I gotta tell ya, this polish stinks. Weird, because usually the extra-smelly ones are medium blues. Anyway, 3 coats, top coat, artificial light.


Since the glitter is in a jelly base, I think the 3 coats are definitely necessary. There's still a bit of VNL, but it's not a big deal. In the shade:


Good, smooth formula, and I quite like the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear brush. It's wider than say, an Essie brush, but not as wide as an OPI.


This color is core, so it should be widely available, but either way, there are lots of alternatives. The first ones that come to mind are China Glaze Ruby Pumps and Zoya Jade. The red glitter & red jelly combo is kind of seen as a classic amongst online polish addicts, and is popular amongst 'Muggles,' but while I do think it's a nice enough color, honestly, I don't get the hype. This was one of my first nail polishes, given to me as a random present from an aunt well before I had any interest in painting my nails, and I can safely say that I would not have gotten it on my own. It's not bad, but it's very....meh.

Do you have any of the red glitter/red jelly polishes? How do you feel about them?

Thanks for looking & commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!