Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sinful Colors Cinderella

Sinful Colors Cinderella is a milky light blue with pink flecks of shimmer. Usually with colors like this, the shimmer kind of disappears in the base and never looks as prominent as it does in the bottle. Not the case here!



Shimmerrrrr. It didn't really show up on camera, but trust me, it's a lot more prominent in person. I usually don't like normal pastels on me, because something about my skintone and the combination of light and bright...it just doesn't really work. I actually really liked this though!


It's so unique compared to all the other light blues out there! The only problem? The formula. Oh goodness, that formula. What you see here is five coats, no top coat. My base was a coat of Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener, which is clear. A ridge-filling base coat probably would have helped, but regardless, five coats. And you can still see some of the nail line on my pinky and index finger. I let each coat dry completely to avoid bubbling, so as you can imagine, this manicure took a while. The formula was pretty thick, but manageable, and I like the Sinful Colors brush so it wasn't too bad. Five coats though...if you have a light blue like Illamasqua Caress or Sally Hansen Barracuda, I'd recommend using those as a base. 


That shimmer though! I guess that's the tradeoff. Sheer base, prominent shimmer. I'm not a huge fan of blue and pink together but it works really well here. A closer look:


Thanks for looking!