Friday, August 9, 2013

Essie Where's My Chauffeur?

Essie Where's My Chauffeur was released with the Leading Lady collection this past holiday season. I also bought Leading Lady, which you will hopefully be seeing...sometime in the near future. Where's My Chauffeur is a bright aqua creme, not really what you'd expect for winter but very bright and cheery, especially with a summer tan.


Where's My Chauffeur has a pretty standard Essie creme formula, almost perfect in 2 coats but still requiring a third to even out some streaking.


The formula was thick, but manageable, and I didn't need to do much cleanup on this mani, which was nice.


I typically dislike these kinds of colors because they're so white-based, and I don't think they're flattering on my skintone at all. But this is so saturated and cheery, I can't help but love it! I really want to water marble with this one. Maybe with OPI Vampire is Buff, or something.

Where's My Chauffeur is very similar to China Glaze Aquadelic, from last spring's Electropop collection. It's also similar to China Glaze For Audrey, which is very very popular. Personally, I prefer the Essie, as it's a smidge darker, and definitely more saturated.

Have you tried Where's My Chauffeur, or any of the other similar aqua cremes? Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great weekend!