Friday, August 16, 2013

China Glaze L8R G8R

China Glaze L8R G8R was released with the Spring 2008 OMG collection. All the OMGs are named after text-speak abbreviations, like LOL and IDK. Coincidentally, this afternoon I'll be saying "L8R G8R" to my internship! I'm really thankful to have been employed (and PAID), but I am ready to go back to class. Well, not Chemistry...I'll never be ready for Chemistry. >___>

Anyway, L8R G8R. It's a light, yellow-toned green linear holo. In the shade:


You can see a faint hint of holo, but it's a fairly boring color in the shade, IMO. In the sun:


Nice and rainbow-y! I have to admit, the base color is not my favorite. And I am not crazy about the formula either. It's a thin and watery 3-4 coater, and definitely the worst of the OMGs I've tried. But it sure does look pretty in the right lighting.


Oh, and make sure you don't use a base coat. You will regret it if you do.

Nfu Oh 66 looks similar, but more holographic, cooler-toned, and more silvery. Layla Jade Groove is the same way. Pupa Holographic Light Green looks pretty similar, but Pupa is a European brand.

Have you tried L8R G8R? Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great weekend!