Monday, February 4, 2013

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Copperhead

Today I'll be showing you a Lustre Shine. These were released fairly recently, last fall I believe? In stores, there are six colors available (Plume, Firefly, Moonstone, Lava, Copperhead, and Scarab), and I've heard that online, there are two others available (Gilt and Azure). Most of these are dupes to other recently released polishes, and Lava looks really similar to OPI The Show Must Go On, so I passed on everything but Copperhead. I'm reasonably pleased with this one, I guess? It's not awful. 3 coats, no top coat:


It's a brownish, coppery metallic. Sadly, that greenish shimmer you can see in the bottle doesn't actually show up on the nail. It is a bit frosty, but with careful application, you can minimize the brushstrokes. It's solid in 2 coats, but I found that a third really adds depth, so I'd recommend the full 3. Drying time is quick, but I noticed that the wear was not so good. My tips started wearing down by the end of the day...disappointing. At least it's an interesting duochrome?


I have to admit, I think the greyish/plummy shift was a really weird choice. I don't think it complements the base color that well, so this is one of those rare cases where I'm glad that the duochrome isn't super obvious. Oh well, they can't all be winners. Luckily, my mom loves this one, so it'll be headed for her stash.

As far as dupes go, I can't think of any. I'm guessing most companies haven't put out a duochrome like this because the colors don't complement each other too well, lol.

Have you tried Copperhead, or any of the Lustre Shines? What did you think?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!