Tuesday, October 9, 2012

SHCSM Navy Baby

Sally Hansen Navy Baby is one of the core colors from the Complete Salon Manicure line. It's not a very unique color, but I'm quite fond of it all the same. It's almost opaque in one coat, but I used two, and as with any shimmer, top coat is essential.


Like many polishes that are dark, and/or blue, Navy Baby is a stainer, so be careful with application lest you wind up with something like what I've got going on with my pinky up there. Cleanup was rather frustrating, because it seemed like I was just spreading the blue around rather than actually cleaning it off. I failed at taking sunlight photos this time, so here's one I took a few months ago.


I just love the shimmer. It's so smooth and glowy, and not a trace of brushstrokes to be seen. And because the CSM paddle brush usually works well for me, the cuticle staining is not really an issue.

As for dupes...I can't think of anything exact off the top of my head, but most nail polish brands have at least one navy shimmer these days. I like this one because it's pure blue, without any purple leanings (which I personally loathe), but there are tons of options. There's Revlon Midnight Affair,  OPI Russian Navy, OPI Ink, Essie Midnight Cami, Wet n Wild Blue Moon, China Glaze Up All Night, and so on and so forth. I've heard that Navy Baby is a dupe for Chanel Blue Satin, so that might be additional temptation for you to choose this one?

Thoughts? Feelings? What's your favorite navy?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!