Thursday, October 18, 2012

China Glaze Ingrid

China Glaze Ingrid was released with the Vintage Vixen collection in Fall 2010. I believe it has since been made core at Sally Beauty Supply, so it is still widely available.

Ingrid is a warm taupe with gold shimmer. 2 coats, with top coat, in the shade:


I'm not sure how I feel about this one against my skintone. It's a lovely color, but maybe the grey in it makes it look so muddy? It just kind of looks like dirt on me. :(

Luckily, the formula was good. No streaking, and it was solid in 2 coats. Under artificial light:


That shimmer though! You know by now I love a nice shimmer, and the gold stands out here and makes it unique from the 8000000 other taupes out there. I think it would probably look better on someone that's more cool-toned than me though.

Thoughts? Feelings? Are there any colors you love but just can't pull off?

Thanks for looking and commenting