Wednesday, September 12, 2012

L.A. Girls Intoxicate (AKA Love & Beauty Purple)

I'm not sure if L.A. Girls puts out any collections per se, but I do know that Intoxicate is part of their Color Addict line. Intoxicate is a dark, warm purple with gold & copper shimmer. 2 coats, with top coat.


Let's pretend I didn't put a slight dent in my ring fingernail, ok?

Anyway, I was quite pleased with the opacity of this polish. Absolutely no streaks or thin patches after 2 coats, and the formula/application were good. My only complaint is with drying time. Intoxicate did dry pretty slowly, and I don't usually notice differences in drying time unless they're significant.


But as I told you when I showed you Milani Dot Com, I can forgive a few flaws for a lovely purple shimmer. And since it's just 2 coats, it's not too bad. I prefer this to the super sheer 4-coaters that I posted a while back.


I was a little concerned that the opacity of the base color would swallow up the shimmer, but I am pleased to report that the shimmer is nice and visible. Not over the top or particularly flashy, but it is visible.

Since Intoxicate is admittedly a pretty simple color, I was surprised to find that I couldn't think of any dupes off the top of my head. Hurray for unique purples!

I have 2 other Love & Beauty/L.A. Girl polishes, and while they are pretty I noticed that they, too, suffer from a long dry time. Have you tried any of them? Thoughts? Feelings?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!