Friday, September 7, 2012

Franken Friday #7: Death Mountain

Hey! Today I've got for you a franken that's not terribly unique, but one that I'm reasonably fond of all the same. You've probably heard of NerdLacquer, and for a while I lusted after her nail polish Warrior Ethos, but obviously, I'm not going to get ahold of that anytime soon unless I pay out the behind on Ebay or swap something else that's HTF.

I enjoy frankening, so I figured I'd go ahead and make my own version. I've also been plotting a series of frankens inspired by my favorite Zelda games, and this coincided with my idea for a Death Mountain nail polish. Death Mountain is a volcano just past Kakariko Village, so I went with a red.

This is 3 coats of my franken, with top coat, in the shade.


In the sunlight:


As you can see, I took a great deal of liberty with the colors, but I did say "inspired" right? Basically, it's a neutral-warm red jelly with a bunch of different hex glitters. Mostly red and gold, but with a fair bit of fine black glitter, and glints of copper here and there. I think that since Death Mountain is a volcano, my franken needs a bit of orange to warm it up and make it more fiery.


There are also a few holo hexes here and there, but I think adding those was a mistake. It seems like a bit much, and I don't really feel like it goes with the rest of the colors in the polish.

Thoughts? If you've got any constructive criticism, I'd love to hear it! Don't be shy. :) Oh, and any other Zelda fans around here??

Thanks for looking and commenting, and happy Friday!! Enjoy your weekend!