Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Color Club Wild & Willing

So, I've noticed that my experiences with polish tend to be pretty good, and as a result, I post mostly positive reviews here. Once in a while, however, I'll come across a polish that really. Freaking. Sucks. And it's a shame because fairly often, it happens to be an absolutely lovely color. Remember how I felt about Essie Penny Talk? Beautiful color, horrible formula. Yeah, that applies here too. Allow me to introduce to you, Color Club Wild & Willing, AKA the biggest pain in the rear I've used in a while. It was released in Fall 2009 with the Wild at Heart Collection. 5 coats, in direct sunlight:



5 coats, visible nail line, and bubbles. How nice. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻



That color shift though! Sigh. Why do I love copper so much? And the color shift is so strong. That pinkish copper in the middle is the color you see most often, but it also shifts to pink, gold, and a greenish gold.

Next time I will definitely be layering this. Maybe I'll use a nude base, or Revlon Copper Penny. I've also had OPI Tease-y Does It suggested as a base color, so I might also try that? If I ever get around to it.

As terrible as the formula is, I love the color enough that I'll keep it. Have you ever tried Wild & Willing? Was it as bad as my experience? Any other recommendations for base colors?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!