Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers

Here's another one from my Top 20 post that I did at the end of December. Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers is comprised of small red hex glitter and big red glitter suspended in a black jelly base. In order to conserve the glitter polish, I layered 2 coats of Ruby Red Slippers over 1 coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black. Since it's a glitter polish, Ruby Red Slippers did dry with some texture, but it wasn't too bad. Here it is without any Gelous or top coat:


Still pretty shiny, despite the texture. Of course, it's even better with 2 coats of Gelous to smooth it out.



The glitter is a pretty interesting color. I figured it was a neutral red, but whenever it catches the light, the glitter turns this bright, fiery orange-red.


Man, I love this color. I know there are dupes out there, but this one was a present, so I like this one best.

Thanks for looking!