Thursday, September 1, 2011

My first attempt at a half-moon mani....

I can't really say it went too well, but at least I tried! This was for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2! I always liked Slytherin best, so I chose Slytherin colors for this mani. I used Illamasqua Rampage for the green, and Essie Loophole for the silver. Rampage is seriously one of the best greens ever!! I'll cover it in a separate post because it is so amazing! A forest green jelly, opaque in 3 coats. Essie Loophole is a slightly frosty silver...I'm not a fan of it on its own, but it makes a pretty good base for Rampage.



As you can see, I have a LOT of work to do on my half-moon manis.....I have no illusions that this one is a mess! I do like the colors together though. I think I just need more practice with those reinforcement labels...