Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Essie Pretty Edgy...Why do you hate me???

Essie Pretty Edgy is such an awesome color - a vivid, grassy green creme. But man, the formula on this one is so terrible! I definitely need to change up my application style next time I wear this one, because I got a ridiculous amount of bald patches on every single coat. Ordinarily, I wouldn't photograph such an awful application, but I figured I'd display the hoops I had to jump through to get this one even and opaque. 3 awful coats.



Believe it or not, the photo actually downplays some of the unevenness. Yikes. I tried adding a coat of Pure Ice Heartbreaker, which looked really cool, but it didn't help even it out much. Even top coat didn't help as much as I would have liked. Here it is with a layer of Pure Ice Heartbreaker and top coat (I use Out the Door).



Le sigh. I am determined to make this polish work for me!