Monday, January 14, 2013

Sephora Pantone Violet Quartz

Sephora Pantone Violet Quartz was released sometime last summer or fall. It is a warm purple duochrome with a coppery shift. 3 coats for opacity. In the shade:


It's a bit warmer in person, but the above photo is mostly accurate. In the sun, Violet Quartz does this really weird thing and a sort of silvery sheen appears? Not a fan of that, but at least it only shows up in bright, direct light.


But in most lighting situations, it looks AWESOME. Check out the color shift. Advance apologies for my dry, awkward hands.




I didn't even have to layer it over black! I haven't tried that at all, actually. Usually, layering over black helps bring out the color shift, but I don't really think it's necessary here. The formula was pretty good- a bit watery at the first coat, but by the time I got to the third, I was used to it and application was much much easier.

I think this is a fairly unique polish, but similar to Nubar Moon Eclipse (or Moon Shadow, I'm not sure which name is the correct one) and Rimmel Zeitgeist. Moon Eclipse/Shadow is pinker, and Zeitgeist is pinker and frostier, with a stronger color shift. Zeitgeist is, however, discontinued, and I think Violet Quartz was clearanced out recently, so if you're after a color like this, Moon Eclipse/Shadow is your best bet. I believe it is available on amazon.com.

Thoughts? Have you tried Violet Quartz, or any similar colors?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!