Friday, January 11, 2013

Essie Lapis of Luxury

Today I've got for you Essie Lapis of Luxury. It was released with the 2010 Resort Collection. It's a super squishy periwinkle blue creme.


So smoooooooth. So pretty. In the sun:


Here's the problem: it took me 5 coats to get this result. There is no reason a creme should require 5 coats. I've posted about this in various places on the intarwebs, and while most people said that their bottle needed just 2-3 coats, there were a few who had the same problems as I did. So I guess, be wary of the batch from which your bottle comes? I used Essie Fill the Gap as a base coat, so I don't think there was a compatibility issue in that regard...


Oh well. It's shiny and periwinkle, so who cares.

As far as dupes and near-dupes go, I have a very hard time distinguishing between colors in this family (indigo, blue-toned purples, periwinkle, etc.), but China Glaze Electric Beat looks quite close. Lapis of Luxury would be easier to get ahold of though, since it is core, whereas Electric Beat is no longer available in most stores.

Have you tried Lapis of Luxury? Was it as much of a pain for you as it was for me? If not, how did you make it work?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great weekend!