Wednesday, January 23, 2013

China Glaze Little Drummer Boy

China Glaze Little Drummer Boy was released with the Holiday 2010 collection, 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice. It's a very opaque dark blue shimmer. Like VIII, it was almost solid in one coat. I can get away with one thick coat if I'm in a hurry, and it dries quickly too, so I quite like that. 2 coats, plus top coat, in the shade:


It dries pretty dull, so top coat is a must. Good formula, but I should also note that because it is a dark blue, cleanup is a huge PITA. Don't get it on your skin. In the sun:


This is definitely my favorite dark blue, especially because it's so different from the others. This is a faded, almost denim-like blue, whereas most dark blue shimmers have definite purple/navy leanings. CND Blue Blood is close, but long discontinued. Little Drummer Boy has also probably been discontinued, but since it's only been 2-3 years you might still be able to track it down online.

Have you tried Little Drummer Boy, or anything similar? Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I hope you're having a great week!