Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sinful Colors Open Seas, plus some layering!

Sinful Colors is great. They've been ripping off OPI collections lately, which I guess isn't cool for OPI, but it's great for us! It means we can get $2 dupes of some of the colors. In the spring, OPI released their Pirates of the Caribbean collection, and soon afterward, Sinful came out with their Adventure Island collection.

Open Seas is a jade creme intended to dupe OPI Mermaid's Tears. It came pretty close, but not quite. Mermaid's Tears is a bit more blue-toned, and Open Seas has more yellow. That's a good thing for me though, since Mermaid's Tears is a very weird color for my skintone. Open Seas looks MUCH better. It has an interesting formula though. It's thin, and needs to thicken up a bit before it becomes easy to apply. The first time I wore it, it took 3 coats, but the next time it only took 2. Here is 2 coats of Open Seas on its own (advance apologies for the dry hands! the cold has not been kind):


Of course, since I can never leave a creme alone, both times I've worn this I layered with it. The first time I wore it, I put L.A. Girls Crowd Surfing (aka Love & Beauty Green) on top.



I tried wearing this combination matte too, and it looks even cooler that way! I had some proper photos of this combination, but my hands are so horribly dry that I'll spare you all those photos.


The second time I wore this, I layered Nails Inc. the Wyndham on top! I'm very fond of this combination too. 2 coats of the Wyndham over Open Seas:


For some reason, I forgot to take photos of this while it was glossy, but I like it better matte anyway.