Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wet n Wild Everybody Loves Redmond

Exams are finally over, which means I am now a junior in college. :D My nails pretty much went to crap during finals. I cut them super-short, and my only manicures consisted of a quick coat of China Glaze Little Drummer Boy (a lovely navy shimmer that reaches opacity in a single coat). Even that, I left on for two weeks and reapplied once, but hey, priorities. This was the last "proper" mani that I did before finals, and I must say I'm quite fond of it!



Wet n Wild Everybody Loves Redmond is a bright, slightly orange-toned red jelly. I love jellies. Especially red jellies. They're so squishy and awesome. However, I tend to gravitate towards cooler-toned reds, so I figured I'd give a warmer red a try, and it worked out pretty well. I don't think that this polish dries particularly quickly, but I did notice that it gave even coverage in one coat! I used 2 anyway, to cover up most of the visible nail line, but if I had applied this to shorter nails I would've just used one.


I do have one complaint about this polish though: the brush. It's not terrible, like the OPI Pro-Wide or the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri brushes, but it's not too good either.


As you can see, it's cut in a weird, uneven shape, but it didn't hinder application too much thanks to the great formula. For $1.99, I can't really complain, but I will probably trim the brush before I use it next time.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!