Monday, December 17, 2012

Nails Inc. Whitehall Teal

Helloooo! Luckily, my hiatus wound up being much much shorter than I thought it would be. My exam schedule was quite nice this semester, so I didn't need an entire month like I did in the past. Anyway, today I'm going to show you Nails Inc. Whitehall Teal. I believe the Nails Inc. magnetics came out around Fall 2011 or something. I'm a wee bit late, but whatever. Here is 1 coat of the polish before using the magnet:



If you're one for nail art or stamping, magnetics would probably be useful to you since they are so opaque. Here it is at 2 coats, with the magnet held over it.



Photos can't capture the awesomeness of this effect. It looks so 3D and cool in real life, kind of like those marbles with the stripes inside of them.



Now here's the drawback. I've actually had a few magnetics for quite some time, at least 4 or 5 months, and I have a hard time with them. My nails are curved, and I have shaky hands, so I have a hard time keeping the magnet steady to get a crisp pattern, and the design also doesn't reach all the way to the sides of my nails. The formula is good, but basically, I can only get a good design when my nails are short like this. But out of the magnetics that I have tried (aside from this, Icing and Sinful Colors), this magnet is a pretty good one, and the color is really really nice. I think Layla Metallic Sky is similar, but much bluer.

How do you feel about magnetics? If you've tried any, did you have the same problems I experienced?

Thanks for looking and commenting, and have a great week!