Saturday, January 14, 2012

OPI The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away is from OPI's Katy Perry Collection, which was released in January 2011, if memory serves. Not a particularly spectacular collection, though it did feature Black Shatter. Both the glitters have cheap drugstore dupes or approximations, and Not Like the Movies is yet another victim to OPI's stellar quality control...but I digress.

Pink and gold foil-y glass flecks in a raspberry/magenta base. Once again, not in my comfort zone, but for some reason I was drawn to this color. In order for the shimmer flecks to show through, a jelly base is necessary, so it definitely needs 3 coats for opacity, but the resulting depth is so worth it. This is how it looks in most lighting conditions:


But angled against the light source, you can see the gold flecks.


And in the shade, you can see the true depth of this polish.


It's so glossy and sparkly, even without top coat! A closer look at it:


To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about The One That Got Away on my longer nails...it feels like it's a little bit much. A little ironic coming from someone who wears bright blues and greens with ease, but pink is a little weird for me! It's a very pretty color though, and makes for a great pedicure. Thanks for looking!